Amanda Tapping Fans Contest: Info
Welcome to the Amanda Tapping Fans contest! Here you’ll find the details about the contest. Please read carefully. If you still have any questions feel free to contact us.
You can submit the following
- Artwork (non-digital drawings, digital drawings, paintings, pyrography, cross stitch art, clay modelling etc.)
- Digital Art (wallpapers, banners, fanfic covers etc.)
- Written art (fanfiction, poems)
- Music-related art (music videos, self-composed song lyrics and songs)
Submit all your items to the following address up until and including May 31, 2020: . Tell us which name or nickname you’d like the submission to be published under.
You can submit up to five items per category. Additional (sub)categories might be announced based on the number of submissions. You can only submit your own work but you can also submit work that’s already published as well as unpublished older work, as long as it fits the guidelines.
Send a scan or photo of the finished item. It may contain other people/characters, but Amanda, respectively Amanda’s characters, must be the focus of the art.
This includes any art that is based on the editing of photos and episode screenshots of Amanda or of any of her characters. It may contain other people/characters, but Amanda, respectively Amanda’s characters, must be the focus of the art.
Respect the internet guidelines: Just because a photo is on the internet, it’s not free for you to use. When using photos of Amanda from conventions and similar events, you must either have shot the photos yourself or get the okay from the photographer to use their photos.
For fanfiction, we want to celebrate Sam, Helen and the other characters that Amanda has played, and look at all the different sides of them.
To make this contest friendly for younger fans, the story may not contain graphic descriptions of sex scenes, violence or other adult topics. If you think that it’s vital to include these things to get the best version of the fic, you need to submit a PG-13 version additionally.
Fanfiction submissions must contain the following information:
Title: (the title)
Character: (Sam Carter, Helen Magnus, Dr. Perrow, …)
Type of story: (Romance, Drama, Action, Adventure, Hurt/Comfort, Missing Scene, Humor, Drabble, …)
Pairings: (if any)
Summary: (short summary)
Poems can be about Amanda’s characters or Amanda herself or they can be written for any of Amanda’s characters or Amanda herself.
You can either upload the written art to some fanfic platform such as fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org or to some other website and send us the link or you can send it to us by an email. If you send it in an attached file, formats that are allowed are docx, txt, rtf.
This includes music videos of Sam Carter, Helen Magnus or other characters Amanda has played as well as music videos of Amanda. Footage of Amanda or her characters has to be dominantly present.
Songs and song lyrics can be about Amanda’s characters or Amanda herself or they can be written for any of Amanda’s characters or Amanda herself.
You can either upload the video to some video platform such as youtube or vimeo and send us the link or upload it to a file-sharing platform such as wetransfer or google drive and send us the link for downloading. If neither option works for you, send us an email, and we’ll find a solution. Formats that are allowed are: mp4, avi, wmv, mov, mpg, flv.
Again, respect the internet guidelines: Just because a photo or video is on the internet, it’s not free for you to use. When using photos of Amanda from conventions or similar events, you must either have shot the photos yourself or get the okay from the photographer to use their photos. Analogous when using videos of Amanda.
All submissions that follow the submission guidelines will go straight to public voting; the team of amandatappingfans.net will not make any pre-elimination.
Prizes (updated June 27, 2020)
The categories Artwork and Digital Art will two winners each, the categories Written Art and Music-related Art one winner each.
Note June 27: Due to tie, category artwork has three winners, actually.
See the winners.
The winners will get to choose from a range of prizes. The artist to whom the submission with the most votes (percentually) belongs will get to choose their prize first, then the artist with the submission with the second-highest number of votes etc.
Prizes available are:
- A two-disc convention DVD set of SG2, a Stargate convention by Wolfevents that took place back in 2000. It contains panels of Amanda Tapping, Teryl Rothery, Peter Williams, Don Davis, J.R. Bourne.
- A two-disc convention DVD set of SG1, a Stargate convention by Wolfevents that took place back in 2000. It contains panels of Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge and Marshall Teague.
- A black and white headshot photo of Amanda Tapping as submitted for castings with a copy of her resume until 1996.
- A two-disc convention DVD set of GateCon 2004. It contains a panel with Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks and Christopher Judge as well as various other footage of the con.
- A pendant with Sam Carter photo (2 options)
- ‘Live Peace, Speak Kindness, Dwell in Possibility’ & ‘Yeah I am a weirdo. It’s alright I own it’ stickers (design by squidesign)
- ‘Live Peace, Speak Kindness, Dwell in Possibility’ & ‘Little Ripples Make Big Waves’ card (design by squidesign)
- A Stargate magazine including an interview with Amanda (2 options)
If you want to have any of the items signed by Amanda and you’re willing to wait until November for LFCC, we can arrange that, otherwise the items will be sent in July.